Cosmetic Dentist in North Miami Beach, FL Shares Missing Tooth Replacement Options
If you are missing one or more teeth, you are not alone. According to the American Academy of Prosthodontists, approximately 178 million Americans are missing at least one tooth and at least 40 million are missing all of their teeth. As might be expected, nearly 1 in 3 people over the age of 65 have no natural teeth. The good news is that there have never been more options for replacing your teeth, a few which may even be better than your own!
Case-by-Case Options for Tooth Replacement
Obviously, there are many different scenarios regarding missing teeth. You may be missing only one, a handful, all but a few, or perhaps an entire arch (upper or lower). Your particular case will dictate the types of treatments available and best suited for you. There are several subsets of each type of these options. The important thing to know is which category applies to your situation.
• Complete dentures: as the name implies, designed for replacing all teeth, either in the upper or lower arch
• Partial dentures: designed for replacing 1 or more teeth. Partial dentures usually apply best to persons who have lost half or even up to a third of their natural teeth. There are several different types of partial dentures, each with a more focused purpose depending on the case.
• Bridges: a dental bridge is essentially 3 or more crowns fused together that span a gap in teeth. Bridges, like crowns, are permanently cemented in the mouth and are not removable. An ideal treatment if you are missing a few teeth in different places in the mouth.
• Dental implants: dental implants are at the forefront of dental technology and, at present, represent the best way to replace a missing tooth (or teeth) if conditions permit.
• Implant-retained dentures: some complete dentures can be given extra stability and retention by snapping onto implants that are placed strategically throughout the arch.
The costs of these treatments vary widely and are based on where you live and, of course, your particular condition. Your dentist can provide many more details about the options that are appropriate for you.
If you have put off tooth replacement because of dental anxiety, uncertainty about the process, or for financial reasons, consulting your cosmetic dentist in North Miami Beach, FL about your situation may be an illuminating experience. Today’s dental technology is highly advanced and provides a wealth of options for improving not only your smile, but your quality of life as well. Call Azar Dentistry today at (305) 866-3030 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.